28 February 2007

"on guard!"

“It’s weird this is where we started our night”, I said to the heavy eyed partner in crime next to me as we waited for the next path train. There we were at the 23rd street stop waiting for wait seemed like hours for our ride back to ol’ Jersey. In the name of research we set forth on our journey into the city, the favorite roomie and I. We discussed which stop to enter the city that never sleeps and choose 23rd because we wanted to go somewhere local and have a nice dinner. We walked around Chelsea knowing full well we wouldn’t be getting hit on but we stumbled upon a great restaurant, East of 8th and enjoyed great food and people watching. Our adorable waiter sent us over to another great spot, le Zie, to check out a private room for my birthday and to get another cocktail. From Chelsea we headed to Union Square and popped in on the W Hotel to mingle with the businessmen and grab yet another drink. A meeting with the Bills ended up to be our best bet for conversation especially over the man that came and set next to me. When he walked in, he turned a few heads because he was bearded like Santa Claus but donned a Russian winter hat. He sat next to me and started to talk to me about this that and the other. I found out he was from Israel and then he ask me if I had any questions about his religion. Religion interest me, the different sides and belief so I asked him a few questions which as you may have guessed fueled an heated argument. It was my promotion to move on, and so we did…the clubs that we jointly remember this morning include Japonaise, Underbar, BuddhaBar, Tenjue, and finally Marquee. We rolled around one neighborhood to the next once at the courtesy of a white Escalade. We had pictures with tranies right before the cops were questioning it and told us to go away, we were followed by the Jew but I was safely covered by a kiss from ol’ Bill so he didn’t see me, we bargained our way into clubs, two for the price of one, and had one hell of time dancing and singing George Michael. We were given roses as we were pushed out the door of Marquee around 0400, and deciding that we still had enough energy, we headed over to Cafeteria. Holy cow! that was the best grilled cheese sandwich I ever had! Someone had the brilliant idea to put bacon on it. We sat right next to the table where the SITC gals filmed a scene and accidentally let out horriendce burps much to the dismay of the couple sitting next to us. As we waited for a cab to take us to the neatest path station we fenced with our roses in hand and giggled the whole train ride home.

No comments: