06 February 2007

costa rica day one

As I sit in the curve of table designed after a wave, the wave worshipers themselves made their way back from the ocean, boards in hand as the sun began to fade. I chose to eat dinner at a place called Ectera, it came recommended from my adorable hotel here in Talmarindo. Getting up at 0600, making it barely to the plane on time, being repremanded and almost not getting on because I was wearing leggings with a bubble skirt over, napping in out during mimosas, sitting in the sun waiting for the death trap communiter plane, arriving on a runway the size of my old drive way in Klamath, taking a cab with no window roller-uppers, and finally settling in. I walked around this adorable town and down to the beach to feel the warm water hit my feet and the sand between my toes. I met some Americans, one the owner of the restaurant who makes a damn good burger, and a photographer who is pretty damn adorable. I am off to bed to get a good nights rest and then hitting the beach tomorrow for some surfing lessons. It is fabulous to escape the 10 degree weather of NY and great to have enough courage to take this trip on my own...but I sure do miss my drinking buddy!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: