03 February 2007

philly cheesesteak

My experiment was sucessful! I was able to pick up a four day trip which allowed me to work first class and to arrive in LA tomorrow in time to watch the Superbowl. It is a great trip and my crew is fantastic. This is the first time I have been so close knit to the fact of having lunch and dinner with them. Sure the other two talk a lot and the pilots are super overly-friendly, but it's great. It did take five hours of flight time to get to SAT yesterday and I had big plans to go and check out The Alamo, however when I got to my room I ended up taking a six hour nap. Today we headed to IAH for some sit time and usual FA chit chat around our Subway sandwiches and then on into PHL. Our layover is only ten hours but I was determined to get an authentic Philly Cheesesteak. Our crew walked the block and a half in 19 degree weather to Jim's place...and omigod, was that a sandwich!!!! If we had more time here, I would get another one it was so good. Surely the wake up call that is looming for 0345 will not make me happy but the fact that I am headed to LAX does. We have to bypass through IAH again, which means we may be dozing in the cockpit on the flight there to ready ourselves for the afternoon of drinking beer and watching the game. This time if I have a celeb on the flight, I will take a pic that includes me in the frame.

No comments: