24 August 2006

three day trip

08.21.06

Forgetting about the hour time difference during sit time between flights today allowwed me some time for wandering. I found a great little ice cream place and ordered myself a milkshake. Looking around, I realized I was standing in the same food court where I had breakfast three monhs ago on my way to the interview with a kind FA. The nervousness I experienced then made me smile today. This airport has now lost its novelity due to the OB and IOE flights but this is the first time I have walked through this concourse wearing wings, and it feels good.


This is my first trip that has consisted of more than one leg going and coming back. My journey started with a trip to FLL and the haunting tales of aligators earing people. My 25 hour layover gave me plenty of naptime, the ability to way the NYY and Sox game, and some time to wander around. Mind you every time I saw water, I crossed the street. Still alive and not impressed with FLL as I didn't get the chance to go to the beach. The next leg took us home to pick more eldery passangers to go to Florida, this time is was TPA. Our layover was short but the bar/beach was a nice place to grab a glass of wine and watch the game. I feel asleep in my sleep # bed (I am a 20) during the top of the eight inning. TPA-IAH-DFW-then home to try and catch a flight to PDX prior to my 0700 flight tomorrow am.

FUCK!!! All I want to do is go home. I have given up on the idea of getting to PDX tonight. So I missed the 62 and decided to catch the 40 instead. This is the same bus in which the P6 parking shuttle takes you to the north parking lot (aka BFE). The timing worked out perfectly to catch the 8:57 bus. Did it ever show up? No! Was I standing alone in a not-so-great area? Yes! Do I feel guilty as hell about getting my sick roommate out of bed to come and get me because I am on the verge of tears? Extremely! This is the most frustrating part of this job, getting home from the airport. Sometimes I wonder if I should bring my car to save my sanity? Strangely enough it would be easier to get to work if I lived in Manhattan. It would be a lot more fab too!!

No comments: