12 August 2006

airport alert 2

No assignment was given as is usually the case at 2100 the day before we go on reserve. I took a shower and went to bed early just in case. The call came at midnight, not the c"an you fly to Paris in the morning?" call, it was "can you sit airport alert at 0500?" call. I say yes because I didn't think I had an option. I woke up at 0330 and got ready to go. The security was out of control for the common folk but not for me. i checked in a half an hour early. I grabbed a blanket and joined my fellow waiters in nap. Three hours I konked out and the last hour was spent with a good friend from training.

Since I sat on airport alert, I was eligiable to pick up a trip. And that is exactly what I did the moment it turned 1600, I picked up a transcon to my favorite city of Portland. Can't wait to see see the girl, grab some stuff, hang out with friends, go to Sunday dinner all while getting paid predium.

Life is good, the roomie and I spent all day watching movies, coloring, munching, checking out guys on myspace, and enjoying what our life is now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good day. have fun and hope you get back in the air soon. cheers