11 August 2006

historic day and fll

8.10.06

It was brought to my attention while buying water and getting change for the bus. In full uniform I stood in the deli and listened to the news. Bits and pieces did not make sense until I called my mom to see what was going on. The feeling of fear washed over me as I entered the terminal, the fear was on customers faces as well. I walked to the security check point ready to surrender all of my liquids: toothpaste, lotion, and water. By the time I got there, it had calmed down a bit and uniform employees were allowed to bring their stuff through. The feeling in the terminal was quite.

My turn to FLL was a bit eventful. I was given the lead position on the 757, a plane that I have never been on. I didn't get to make any announcements because this fancy computer made them all for me. The trick though was to figure out how the damn thing worked. The FO had to show me. Good trip down with a nice and helpful crew. Our trip home however was long and a bit stressful as we were placed in two holding patterns and the natives were getting restless. Finally we returned home and fourty minutes waiting for a non-existance bus and a ride back to the terminal to catch a cab.

My head met the pillow was great haste. It was a wonderful night sleep knowing that I didn't not have to awake to an alarm or a phone call from scheduling.

No comments: