18 August 2006

city

I am enjoying the last hours of my two days off. They have been entertaining as well as lazy and relaxing. I made it back from Toronto in one piece and was picked up at the airport by all of my girls. We sat up and watched View from the Top and then went to bed to prepare for my big day. I awoke with ease and got ready. Meeting my friend Michele at the path and then in Mahattan. We grabbed a bagel and walked around for a bit then hit the subway and headed to the Bronx. I was so excited to be standing in the shadow of Yankee Stadium. We grabbed our tickets and then got a beer from Stan's across the street. There is nothing wrong with drinking a beer at 1130, it's noon somewhere in Canada!! We proceeded to our seats a hundred feet from first base and watched the boys stretch. A hotdog in the third and many beers later, thanks the guy in front of us with the paper bag, we headed back to midtown to meet 19C and some others for a drink. We donned our Yankee hats and shirts proudly although they did not play well. A quick stop by Bloomingdales and ten minutes in the bathroom, we came out looking like ladies. We walked to Fifth Avenue and went to a rooftop bar at The Pennisula as suggested by my boy. Conversation and the wine flowed freely as I kept thinking how handsome he was. We parted because he had to go back to work and the girls and I were headed to dinner. We stopped by a comedy club for a few minutes and then headed to a lovely Italian restuarant frequented by Mr. Big. He was not there but the chicken breast and noodles certainily made up for it. The roomies picked me up and drug me to a local bar, it was a bit disappointing after the city but I hung out and watched the small town people have a good time.

I am off to San Diego tomorrow for a three day trip and then come my four days off. Glad to have another transcon and to be going home soon.

No comments: