09 August 2006

SEA and 19C

I sit in the airport where my grandpa used to work security; I am in Seattle.

My roommate awoke me at 0500 to give her a ride to the airport and upon my return I thought it best to stay up until I had to go and sit on airport alert. I am happy to report the bus ride was smooth and I ended up at the airport an hour early. I called and checked in at 0930 and sat there for three and half hours. The white bat phone rang and gave me one minute to check in for my trip and fourteen minutes to run across the terminal to the gate. I was given the lead position (something I have never done0. I didn't know where to stow my luggage, my phone was ringing, and I clinging to my manual and a bunch of forms. Then they had the nerve to give me three kids to be in charge of. To say I was freaking out would be an understatement. Greeting passangers was my main duty for the moment, okay I can handle that. One guy that came on board asked if I would have the same smile at the end of our trip. I told him it would certainly be there because I would have figured out what I was doing by then.

My crew was awesome, they were so helpful and calmed my nerves right down. It helped that 19C was smoking hot and we smiled at each other every time I passed. The five and half hour flight was gone in a blink. But in the fourth hours I finally balls up and went and talked to cutie pie in 19C. A short conversation with me sitting on the armrest across from him resulted in my digits on a cocktail napkin and a huge boost to my ego.

A layover at the HI found me asleep at 0800. What a long day. I will say that I woke up for the phone call from 19C.

The journey home was filled with more confidence and a lot of screwball passangers. Let's see, "can you refridgerate my cheese?", "can you change the movie?", what the hell?

I am finally at home after a good nights sleep and awaiting my next journey. Awaiting the phone to ring.

No comments: