26 August 2006

grateful

I have just been thinking about how incrediably lucky I have been through my journey thus far. I did well in training and was honored by being elected the class president, got a long famously with my roommate, had increadiable trips given to me, scheduling has been so nice to me, and I just got a trip that will put me over my guarantee so my check will be a little more next month. Things are running smoothly other than getting home from the ol' airport but if that was perfect, I think I would question it too much. For right now I am taking the transit with a grain of salt and realizing that it makes finally getting home so much better. There hasn't been a moment that I have regreted this decision or not thought this is what I am supposed to be doing right now in my life.

My day consisted of airport alert first thing this morning. I completed my testing portion of my 30 day review, took a nap, woke up to Blue's Clues, solved the mystery, and then with ten minutes left was called out on a turn to MYR. I didn't even know what state it was in, turned out to be a golfing meca in South Carolina. I got home two hours after work through many stops and good bonding time with my favorite roomie.

Speaking of that...we hit the city yesterday and I got my French visa. Yes, ladies and gentlemen when I get that fateful call that asks if I can go to Paris, I can now say wee!! We spent the rest of the day wandering around, playing the piano at FAO Schwartz, looking at diamonds at Tiffanys, pastrami sandwich at Stage Deli, shopping on 5th Avenue, a little flirting with my investment banker, and finally a game at Shae Stadium in Queens. Good times, good times.

My pairing came in for my next adventure, see if you can follow. Home-ORD-home-ATL-layover-ATL-IAH-PDX-layover-home. Three day trip ending in beautiful Portland. Maybe the schedulers have been ready my blog and know that I am not truly ready to release PDX from my heart. I am going to wrap up all things I missed last time and of course, give the girl some love and continue to count my blessings.

No comments: