01 August 2006

NJ transit sucks

The NJ transit system is the most jacked up thing I have ever experienced. Friday, our last day to ourselves was rung in with plenty of cocktails. Needless to say we didn't arrive home until five in the morning. We stumbled around for a bit and then I needed grease. A short walk and questioning the postman brought us to this fab burger joint whose mascot is a bulldog with a burger in hand. It was so good, they had mini, mini fries and corn with the usual toppings...delic!!!! I highly recommend.

The horror began when we got on the bus to pick up our other roommate. Long story short it took us seven hours to accomplish this mission and get back home via tax from Penn Station because we had given up trying to find where the damn 40 bus picked up. There was a point towards the end when all us were yelled at by the bus driver and we all looked at each other with tears welling up. Right then is when we decided to get a cab.

Yesterday I thought I had it figured out but forgot what day it was and almost missed the bus home. I got off too early and ended up walking a mile to my house. Lessons, lessons learned. My trip home was great, one barcart service and then just walk throughs with water as my whole cabin was asleep. I tried to read but it made me so tired. The load, John entertained me for a bit then went up to the front to hang out with the other girls and make fun of me because I was working so much. "I love new people, they do all the work!" he tells the others.

Waiting for my next adventure.

No comments: