01 May 2009

only have a 100 yen, so this has to be fast

So I landed in NRT to be met by the health officals. They came on the plan with head to toe haz/mat suits. One was rushing around taking what first appeared to be photos but turned out to be a video of every single passanger. He was not shy about getting right up to you either. Good thing I just applied lipstick. Others were rushing around the plane collecting forms. Mandatory forms from each passanger asking where they have been for the past ten days and where they will be for the following ten. After the business first section was released we were handed a form about going to a clinic if we felt ill and our own personal mask.
I love this country, they don't mess around with shit!

Carol, you will be happy to know that now I have two masks because I stumbled across one in a first aid kit and threw it in to my backpack for good measure.

Awaiting my flight to Hanoi now and can't wait to get on that plane and sleep. Vietnam when I awake.

No comments: