19 May 2009

old blog

I had a private blog once upon a time. A place for the output of my feelings without fear of being judged. I just read a few of my old post and thought I would share...


tuesday, april 25, 2006

ten year old haunt
Mistakes that follow you around for ten years are usually relationships haunts that people hold on to. I tend to forget about the relationship and the feelings and just remember the lesson I learned with that partner. Actually, it is difficult to even remember what it was like to be with my past interests. I won't call them loves, because I am unsure if I have ever truly experienced it. Sure I have had the crushes, the butterflies, the need-to-be-with-you-everydays, the care deeply for, but undying, this-is-it LOVE...not yet. Anyway back on track, my mistake was that of having a fake id, scratch that, it was getting caught with a fake id. I just returned from a private detectives office that could be in an old movie, up the dimlight stairwell into the office with beveled glass that bost of the name of the detective. I had to get fingerprinted in order to finish with the expungement process of hiding my nineteen year old mistake from all visible eyes but mine and that of my lawyer. Applying for an airline means that they do an FBI background check on you and you have to come clean about things in the past. And to add to the insult of this all, I have to plead for forgiveness from the Canadian government for my "crime" in order to gain entry. If someone would have pulled me aside at the bar, that fatefull night in 1996 and told me that I would be paying for my stupidity ten years later, I would have gladly went home and got an ice cream or done something I could legally do. All of this effort is due to me chasing after my dream of being a flight attendant (ie. seeing the world on a budget) and the break that came to me Friday afternoon, an interview in Chicago with the number one airline in the nation. I am doing everything in my power to nail this interview, I am ready to fly.

No comments: