23 April 2009

why int'l airfare should not go below $300

Walking down the aisle at the very end of an exhausting leg to Dublin. I am stopped by a call light three rows ahead of me. I approach the seat with an exhausted look as if I was not going to walk by anyway, "yes?"
"I have a question about this paper."
"Your landing document?"
"Hmm, it says nationality and uhm, what does that mean?"
Blank look, I am trying to collect my thoughts of why she is such an idiot.
"Do they want to know my background?"
"What?!" "Well, ma'am let me ask you this...were you born in the United States?"
"Hmm, yeah"
"Do you have an American passport"
"Yeah"
"Do you have dual citizenship with any other country"
"Don't think so"
"Have you renounced your citizenship to an embassy or consulate of the United States of America?"
Completely lost look.
I clapped my hands like I was talking to a 3 year old and said, "Guess what? You're an American!!!"

No comments: