08 May 2009

saigon

I beginning to feel like a true traveler, a true backpacker even. I was the expert on the bus last night and had the routine down to a science. I stopped drinking water an hour and a half prior. My longshelve tee shirt and pashmina was the perfet warmth, my bag was locked into place, my water from a hook next to me, one newly purchased Valium and I woke up 30 minutes prior to arriving in Saigon. I was refreshed and ready to find the hotel recomended to me from travelers going the other way. I offered my suggestions to them in return. After assuring my room was clean and I would only be charged for one night, my guard came down. A three hour nap was a bit of a time waster, but long over due. Some info from the westerners in the lobby as sent me on my way to the backpackers road to book a tour.
I stopped and ate street food and it was one of the best things I ever had.
This day is devoted to wandering about, it will take a bit to get my barrings but nothing to commit to, no time restraints for today, just me and the city of motorbikes.

No comments: