05 May 2009

vietnam day four...i think

After finding four great travel companions, we have made our way to Hoi An. The fourteen hour bus ride to Hue was comical to say the least. Greatfully I had to moved to a top bed in need of more leg room. I did get various hands on me during the night as people made their way to the toliet over the obstacle course of people laying on the ground. On my way back from the neighboring toliet, I was replacing my shoes back into the given plastic back when the co-pilot shook his finger at my shoes and then slapped me in the leg.
My new mates (3 Irish and 1 Canook) wandered around the city of Hue and found nothing to see other than the Perfume River...we smelled it rather. We decided a beer was more in order so we sat at an air con'd cafe and enjoyed the local beer for eighty cents.
Back on the bus for another four hour trek and we grabbed road soda. The Canadian and I sat together and giggled the whole time. We were very happy when the bus made two more stops because we had to pee and this also enabled us to get more beer. The journey was over in no time and ended at a quaint hotel here in Hoi An.
I am sharing a room with Brian and Kristi. We played rock, paper, scissors for the shower and I won much to the joy of my very soiled body and probably anyone I had been in contact with lately.
We met up for dinner and had a traditional dish from Hoi An called "white rose". Amazing!!! I followed with a Vietnamase pancake of shrimp and all sorts of goodness. Wine and great conversation added to the evening. Then we headed off to a place called Cargo and stayed until last call. Then moved on via motorbike to a bar in which you could write on the walls. We ended up dancing until they closed and then attempted to move on to another spot. Brian and I's motorbike ran out of gas, so the girls went ahead and we wandered the streets until we found home.

Today has been a nice day walking around the gorgeous beach town. I snapped some shots and found the bar which our graffetti marked our presence. Another fanstatic meal preceeded getting fitted for a custom made dress. I am trying really hard not to walk into the custom shoe shops because I need a new pair of shoes like I need a hole in the head.

Hoping to talk my still sleeping buds into renting a bicyle and going to the beach. Did I mention life was good?

No comments: