19 May 2009

four day birmingham

I am such a foul mood, and I would love to shake it. It am going to attribute it to the rain and to the stupidity of the cashier at Marks and Spencer. Yes that will do.
I am on a four day trip, the second trip ever longer than the usual layover. I picked it up with hopes of a reunion with my jr high teacher in Wales and the chance to be away from the apartment and its oddness for a day longer. Much to my dismay my roommate was home Sunday morning playing dj music at noon. It got me out of bed and forced me out for a coffee and a walk around. When I returned there was a guy coming out of our bathroom. He approached me and asked if I was Jases roommate. Uhm, duh. Yes. He introduced himself but his name didn't stick as I looked into his bloodshot eyes. He swayed with the music booming out of the other bedroom as his arms rose every couple of eight counts. He blocked my way to my room and asked what I was doing. I told him that I just got a coffee and now I have to get ready for work. He was perplexed by the fact I had to work on a Sunday. I made the mistake of telling him I was a flight attendant. His blood shot eyes and large pupils grew even larger. He then asked me if he could see me later. No, I replied, I am leaving town. He then just asked me out directly. I quickly replied I had a boyfriend and he asked me if I was sure. What I am sure about at this point was the fact that my coffee was about to wind up on him if he kept blocking my path. I held my story in tack and then told him to get out of my way. After a long shower, I was putting on my make up and there was a knock at my door. Sidenote: my roommate and I are down to texting and emailing each other as forms of communication, I answer my door and there was strung-out asking me if I wanted to order food with them. I replied no thank you. Food? The drug I thought he was on wouldn't want to eat, pot maybe? I didn't smell anything in the house. I got the hell out of there lickity spilt.

The flight over was pleasant minus one passenger who try as I might to win her over to my "drop the attitude" club she won't budge. I don't really care for women in first class for this reason and others that are obvious. My galley guy was not only a Northwestern but anal as all get out. We got along fabulously. We met up along with some other crew members for dinner and a play at the Royal Shakespearean Theatre. It was Julius Caesar and done brilliantly.
I had planned to rent a car today and drive to Wales. I wanted to put another country under my belt and it would be fun to drive on the other side of the road. I awoke to rain and decided against the journey as my old teacher was actually stateside and I didn't have anyone to road trip with me. Instead I walked crossed the bridge into the small quaint, very expensive town. I wandered in and out stores and each time I emerged it was a different sky. When hunger set in, I decided to go to M&S for a quick, cheap sandwich. While at the register I asked where I could eat my lunch as most have a small cafe. The idiot cashier once getting my request understood conferences with three other people before returning a blank look to me. You would have thought I asked about the Queen's hangnail...that they may have known about. So I grabbed my lunch and sat on the steps of their delivery door and ate my salad as people walked by and stared and my toes got wet from the mist.
I gave up on my day out and went back into the market and stocked up on supplies for the rest of the day in. Hoping there is a good movie on but bought the dirt book about Madonna for two pounds just in case.

I am grateful not to be at home. Rain or no rain, this is much better than being hit on in a place I pay to rest my head.

No comments: