02 April 2007

fl-co-fl

You would think I turned 21 instead of 30 last week the way I have been carrying on. I picked up a trip with a guy I had flown with previously and knew it would be trouble because a. he likes to drink and b. he kissed me in the galley last time. However I still picked it up. My classmate was the addition to the crew that would greatly enjoy the weekend. We started off with a Boston turn and then headed to Tampa. A quick nap preceded our evening at the Blue Martini. The band was great, the cocktail waitress’ gorgeous, and the drinks went down a little too smooth. It was just three of us the first night but the following evening we recruited the classmate for our adventure in Colorado. A twenty-four hour layover in Montrose could be considered boring due the quietness of the town, it actually reminded me of Klamath. The 25-year-old first officer instead rented a car, the cobalt, and took us on up to Telluride. The drive was spectacular with the snow kissing the ground and the mountains carved out of red rocks. Drinks and the jukebox followed dinner. A few bar hops later and I determined it would be a good idea to join in on the boobs up against the steamed glass window fun. I left my mark, literally on Telluride. The car ride home was me passed out and sinking lower and lower by the minute. Thank goodness for the late check in and ride to the airport from Fox, whom everyone in town seemed to know. The flight from MTJ, not Montego Bay Jamaica as our captain pack for, to EWR was a nightmare! All these rich assholes and their brat children. I have a strong belief that children should not be allowed to sit in first class. Only rich, good-looking businessmen please! The next leg landed us in SYR, which is a great place to be right after Florida made it to the NCAA championship game that night. I however, am not rooting for them since they beat my Ducks and I proceeded to tell everyone that. We got to the hotel at 2300 and it took some convincing to get me out but finally I said what the hell. This time we were able to recruit our captain and two other pilots from Express. The security guard gave us a ride downtown to Gators and within moments a cosmo was in my hand. Shots followed along with dancing and singing Sweet Caroline at the top of our lungs when the security guard came and picked us up around 0130. The night manager was nice enough to make us cookies and I am sure got a kick out of the drunken chaos we were. Day four was brutal with three legs, ground delays in DTW, and holding patterns. I didn’t make it home until 2200 and am sad to only have one day off before I do it all again.

No comments: