09 April 2007

no-brainer

Some things are no-brainers, laying low when you are the only white girl on the bus, not getting engaged after three months of dating, and not proclaiming your love for the Yankees while your in Beantown. I picked up a trip off airport alert yesterday and was delighted with the 0800 check-in. So delighted that C and I headed into the city to have dinner with "Big Daddy". I was texting him how much I missed my mom's annual ham dinner, and he invited red dress and I to the city for Easter dinner. Well, as you may have guessed, dinner (a big fat steak at Ben and Jacks)turned into drinks at Asia de Cuba (I have befriended the manager) to drinks at the W ("our W") at which point I drunk dialed 19C, to the G Spa to dancing at One. We didn't make it back home until 0330 and I played chauffer to the singing duet of my roomie and an ex-Yankee player. They sang to each other the whole drive home. The 0600 wake up call came too early but sat me out on a pretty easy trip that takes me to BOS tonight and AUS tomorrow evening. After a four hour nap, I made my way down the hotel restuarant for dinner and a beer. A classic Sox game was on due the day of rest and I felt it sacreligous to dare ask them to change the chanel to the Yankee game. Finally they did and I quietly routed on my team.

No comments: