04 April 2007

mfe

I am rounding out the cities we fly to in Texas by over-nighting in the end of the earth, McAllen. I picked this trip up simply to work, it was not my first or second choice but it allowed me to work first class and not be at the mercy of scheduling. The check was later than I was used to so I took the morning to run errands and pack. This proved for a very long day, as we didn’t get here until midnight. A perk about being a stone throw away from Mexico is the free breakfast buffet. I scheduled my wake up call in order to check it out. The elevator door opened and the noise of Spanish filled my ears, I walked into the dining room and it seemed like they were handing out green cards because of the sheer volume of people eating the free food. There was no lines or order to the situation so I grabbed what I could and made my way out the lobby to eat. Sometimes free is not worth the chaos.
Today will be another long day as we go back to IAH then to MSY and back and then onto SAT. It seems like I am there every couple of weeks or so. I call this trip, the tour of Texas. I do, however have a crew that will not get me in trouble this trip do to the fact that I tower over each of them and one of them is so new, so sheltered that she doesn’t know what the hell is going on. She is so afraid she is going to get in trouble if she is not by the book. It’s funny but I can foresee it getting on my nerves soon. Last night she was bending over looking between the plane and the jet way. I asked her what the hell she was doing and she replied, “I was looking to see if the squiggly line was going around on the propeller”. What?! I explained to her that the engines needed to be off while we were parked at the gate. A part of me wishes we had a great layover because I would take her out, spike her drink, and show her a good time. She has lived her parents until she was 28, twenty-eight can you imagine?

No comments: