23 April 2007

change

Change is inevitable, I am usually an advocate for it for growth and maturity reasons but when it comes to points in my life when I am happy I want the world to freeze and allow me to live happily ever after. This idea is of course far-fetched and unreachable unless, as dictated by movies and fairy tales, you find your soul mate. The idea of a soul mate has always been presented in a human form, most traditionally a mate, one who makes your world complete simply with their being. It is predicted that once you find this person everything else will fall into place. Here is what I propose, what if our soul mates consist of the perfect house, neighborhood, career, or group of friends? This would defiantly free up the emotional entanglement that so often comes with seeking the perfect mate. There was a point in time, two summers ago to be exact, where my world could have froze and I would have been blissfully happy. I suppose that this the feeling that I seek each time I return home. I feel as though I can touch it this time but am unable to wrap my arms around it all and embrace it, even if it is only for a couple of days. But if I am able to do get this in my grasp, then what? Will I be able to just walk away from it and head back to New York? I firmly believe that things happen and don’t happen for reasons unexplained at the time. That is my mind speaking, but my heart just doesn’t get the concept.

No comments: