09 March 2008

you’ve gotta give these straight guys props

I was almost like I wasn’t supposed to go to LGW. I wasn’t listed on the flight and when they did list me, it was for the next day. Finally ten minutes before door closure, I got on. The rest of my crew had scored first class but the leader, yep that was me, was stuck in the back. I could have raised a fuss but thought my incredible sleeping power would take over instead. I have been spoiled. I love first class and have the memory of the extra space, the legroom, and the wide chairs. These features are few and far between in economy. I didn’t sleep well.
I am flying with a friend of mine, whom I never flown with prior but been in the same place and we always exchange kisses hello. He is straight but it always takes a second to be sure when the boys aren’t flamboyant. He wanted to take along to the city and I was grateful to have someone to pal around with. We have silly fun, him and I and there is absolutely no attraction for me.
We saw the sights of Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Abby, and rode the London Eye for good measure, all of this in attempt to replace the pictures from my first visit. I was happy not to have to ask strangers to take the goofy shot s of my as my companion initiated most of the silliness.
A bland lunch at a pub and then we headed back to the hotel. We shared my ipod and I spent the train ride alternating my people watching between the cute guy and the overly happy lady across from him.
My friend and I said goodbye on the elevator with plans to meet in the crew room later for a few cocktails. This old lady never made it as I slept though the evening. I hear a knock at my door around 2300; it is my friend. He wanted to make sure I was okay since I never showed up. Then he asked if he could come in and sleep with me (just sleep) since I was so nice. Nice try buddy…I don’t think so.

1 comment:

nene said...

i bet he wanted to play hide the tip!