19 March 2008

mxp

My availablity was wide open for a call to work. Two days on the weekend and a “roll-able” day made me a prime suspect for a trip. I mentally had prepared prior to landing from my BRU trip and went to bed fairly early. I hadn’t heard anything so I called in to request the purser position thinking that I might as well embrace the inevitable. My phone was checked several times during the late morning hours and finally while I was wandering through Ricky’s, it rang.
“Honey, I am sending you to Milan”
“AAAHHHH”
“You are going to be in a speaker position”
“Yes! I need to practice my Italian, so perfect!”
So here I sit, waiting to go out and willing the rain to hide for my visit. The flight was exhausting! I was once again my favorite position and had a couple of people on the flight I could do without however my saving grace was 5B. So all the “what the fuck are acting liking this for” would dissipate when I got to his row. Turns out, he and his seatmate are morning talk show guys. They were good fun.
Then there was another guy, maybe an only-child, the way he plead for attention from each of us during the waiting, boarding, taxi process, he would just say stupid stuff. Well unfortunately I had to look right at him while sitting in my jump seat. He proceeds to get in a one-side conversation about this flight attendant he knew that used to be a teacher and he can’t believe how she through away her life and education. And it weird that she changed industries, to which I (fed-up) asked him if he thought were all waitress prior. He kept going on about no ambition, etc. Asked me what I did prior. Finally, out of disgust and lack of something appropriate to say, I told him that he was digging a hole with me and he needed to stop. What an asshole! I stared at the wall during landing but he still managed to pop off a bit. I hope these Italians eat him alive! : )


My day in Milan was fantastic. Roxanne, a fellow crew member and I walked down to the Duomo area looking at the shops with impeccable clothing and shoes. We stopped at a wine bar for an afternoon glass of Chianti and some accompanying noshes. After receiving our palms, we reverently stood in awe of one of the most gorgeous churches I have ever seen. A pastry vendor caught our attention and I feasted on some chocolate, hazelnut goodness.
Carol told me to pick up a little something fabulous and after falling in love several times in Versace, Gucci, and Dolce, I found a perfect shirt in Armani.
Dinner with other crewmembers followed and even though it was pouring down rain, I wore an adorable dress and heels. Just because it was Italy, my favorite country in the world, Italy.

No comments: