12 March 2008

aa to the power of three

I was kicking myself for not rolling out of bed earlier. This morning at the crack of dawn, I was up once more and gave a thought to go for a run and watch the sunrise but my leg muscles screamed no and kept me in bed. Finally I fell back asleep and didn't get up till 1130. This is the third airport alert I have been assigned this month but didn't mind this time because of the flights I am covering and the fact I need to work the system to ensure I am free come St Patty's Day. I was stressing that I would not be able to make the train in time and it took a little self talk to realize I already let go of control of the situation. Still my NY attitude was with me as I followed the stream of people through the 51st Street station. It was there, on the escalator that I saw a kid wearing a U of O jacket that the calmness prevailed. I gave the kid a high five on the way by. And just as a reminder that your are always supposed to be exactly where you are, I saw a guy in an Oregon Track sweatshirt as I exited the airtrain.

No comments: