01 July 2006

silence

I don't think I have sleep so hard in a year. Dreams the past two nights have been of fighting fires, jumping out of planes, swimming in the oceans, and last night of my ex two prior. Our day off has finally arrived, the first few hours have been devoted to sleeping and the next will be given to eatting something other than Cherrios for breakfast. The six days prior have been packed full of information about emergency equipement, procedures, first aid, and unusual situations. The test tomorrow will be crueling and of course I have this competitiveness (thanks mom) which doesn't want me to miss a single question. Strangely enough the curve setter (ie, 100%) on the last test is one of the clique. He will be my friend today and always, because he is hot...gay but hot!!

I have saved lives in the water, on landing, and via CPR and we haven't left the classroom except for yesterday. The thunderstorm provided the audio and visual for the jumping into the pool fully clothed and swimming towards a life raft that could hold sixty. It took forever to get warmed back up and I am not sure if the lukewarm shower I took help or furthered the coldness. I am starting to feel really bad about myself, take that back, I feel horrible about myself right now. My body is swollen and bloated, I haven't had a good work out since I left home, there is nothing good-for-you to eat down here and I am crabby.

I am laughing at our study group because everyone one of them is passed out in our room. I am enjoying the quiteness and am getting more concentrated work done but miss having my space. I am so used to being independant that is has been and is continuing to be, difficult to share space. Of course I am too nice of a person to tell these people to get the hell out so I must vent here instead.

Stupid question of first aid day: "So, if we see a compound fracture,do you want us to go ahead and set it?"

The test tomorrow has so much material and I am starting to freak out. I feel good about first aid but all the other stuff is not as clear as I would like. So I am going back to the books since silence is now my friend.

No comments: