15 July 2006

international day

Friday night is upon me for the four time since leaving home. The constant noise of the air conditioner has become white noise and filtered into my dreams. I should start packing but instead I sit here eating Mike and Ikes thinking about how fast the next four days are going to go. I keep telling myself one day at a time, one test at a time.

Thursday in my world consisted of taking an emergency equipement oral exam and I got the tougest person. Although I did complement him on his shirt, I missed two questions and again kick myself for it. I was the first girl to walk out of the dressing room in my new uniform. A quick hem of the pants and change into the skirt, I was immediately transformed into a flight attendent. We also received our luggage and I magically gained the powers to walk down the hall with great speed and elegance. Must have been something in that blazer! The final piece of the uniform comes Wednesday, graduation. The rents are comin' on down to check it out and they get to stay in a nice hotel. No worries though since my bed is awaiting my return.

So not only was our day long with self defense, tests, and uniforms. My number was finally up for the "physical". A group of us headed off the airport to get our pee, eyes, ears, and muscles tested. I needed a little help with the ol' eye exam but talked the lady into passing me. Our muscle test consisted of picking up a bag, squeezing some handle thing, and then standing on one leg. Not all at the same time mind you. The menu was Taco Bell and we were so grateful to have something different.

From bad food to amazing food; today was our day for international. A little classroom lecture and then into the "cabin". We learned how to serve a five course meal. I was the only one assigned two jobs, the pre-meal beverage girl and the dessert girl. Our teacher was so quick witted and non-stop comedy. We started with hot towel service, moved on to a choice of proschito (you know that I don't know how to spell) with melon and oranges on a bed of lettuce and smoked salmon. Moving on to a gorgeous salad and fresh bread. The main course was tea sandwiches, followed by a fruit and cheese cart. The cheese was amazing. And of course dessert...made right in front of you sundaees. I guess the ol' Dariy Queen job has finally prepared me for something in life!! I was an excellent sundaee maker and I know because I ate a huge one.

Tomorrow is study, study, study, after I sleep in of course! Nite.

No comments: