02 July 2006

hot tamales

Welcome to the town where hot tamales (thanks mom!) stick together (but stay soft), vitamin C is mush, proper grammer is few and far between, salads are made of iceburg, you raise your core temp by five degrees from being outside for five minutes, and the mosquitos think your leg is their lunch. The count down has begun until I am out of this town and move on up to the big city, with a visit to my favorite city first.

Our second big test was successful, only missed two and the competive streak in me kicks myself for missing them. I am starting to catch on that Sundays are laid back days as we are home early and only learned corporate culture and practiced PAs today. My first class buddy gave me a huge compliment last night as we were studying; he said I had a good aura. I will take that any day of the week. Since our class was sparatic today, I wasn't able to hear any silly questions or comments so I will tell you about a woman on my flght last Wedesday. I was in the aisle during boarding playing baggage natzi and this larger lady in a bright green shirt was snapping photos. I asked her what she was taking pictures of and she replied "everything", okay I said. Then she proceeds to her seat and presents me with a stuffed rat that she takes with her everywhere she goes and takes photos with him. "Okkkaay!' Was my stiffled laugh, reply. She was few cards sort of a deck for sure. I kept an eye on her during the flight for more humor but I didn't gather anything.

Not only was I signed up to co-write the "ditching song", I have also been elected to create the class t-shirt. So I will be working on that this week as well as studying aircraft. Only 16 days more to go, I am putting this one in the books already, it is evening here.

No comments: