23 January 2009

pants or jeans to be more spefic

While re-telling a conversation to Nichole which transpired between Jim and myself she asked my about "7's".
I was dating this guy Jay for a hot minute and when I ended it, I simply let him know that we were not a good emotional match. He told me he didn't know what that meant; so I used the analogy of when people date it is like trying on clothes (this is stolen from Sleepless in Seattle if you are keeping track). Sometimes they there are too tight and restricting, sometimes they almost fit but need some adjustments, and sometimes they are not even taken off the hanger.
Jim was right on the ball when I was explaining my theory. He choose to narrow it down to just pants because they have to fit just so. I agreed that you just don't feel good about yourself until you have the perfect pants. He laughed and then called me "pant-less" the rest of the day.
The story now laid out to Nichole and she asked me as we were riding the elevator upstairs to the shoe department of Nordstroms. I explained to her that I wanted my Armani jeans I had bought in Rome. The jeans that fit amazing in the waist that sits just right on my hips, the legs are the perfect length for heels but not too long for flats, the butt always looks good. I feel amazing when I wear these jeans.
"What about 7's?" she asks.
My second pair of 7 jeans used to be my favorite and they are my go-to jeans for going out and when I want to feel good running errands around the city. In fact I am wearing them right now. I have gained some winter weight due to my lack of activity combined with my wanting of comfort food. These jeans don't judge me for the extra 5 pounds they just stretch to make it all seem okay. They are comfortable and reliable. I am disappointed when they are dirty and I have to go to other jeans. They dress up, they dress down. I love them. But not as much as I love how I feel when I wear those Armani's. You can buy 7's anywhere, they look good on almost everyone. I only know of a few places to buy the others. That perfect fit I am still looking for in a date.

No comments: