09 January 2009

09.jan.09

In writing “about myself” in the box reserved on myspace page a hundred years ago, I wrote that I was "into traveling" and was hoping to have my passport filled up by the time it expires.
It was midnight on the eve of the ninth of this month when I pulled it out of it zipper pouch in my backpack to verify the number. I stopped and looked at both the issue date and expiration. 09.Jan.13. Four more years to go.
Myspace was set up prior to this leap of faith that has sent me out to fill up those pages to the point I am asking people to no longer stamp me since I am running out of room. There are pages devoted to visas, a two work visas and holiday visas. One is for a country I have yet to go to, but could any day now.
That is the pull of this job, the magnet of why I keep sticking it out. Where will I go tomorrow? There are so many possibilities and it always there at my fingertips, almost always out of reach.
Until the phone rings and I am sent to a new destination; one where I will beg the crew to stop by customs so I can add that precious stamp to my collection.

No comments: