15 January 2009

anywhere

I am looking for a box to ship my TV in. At first I thought I could just take it to Fed-ex and have them package it prior to shipping as it would be more insurable. I looked up the nearest Fed ex yesterday. Then wondered how I would make it ten blocks in Harlem while carrying a TV. It occurred to me to take a taxi from the apartment and it would be well worth the $5 and would save my sanity. Also knowing my luck, I did some research last night on how much it would cost to send it with my discount. I wrote down the phone number to inquire about preparations prior to my arrival. I am glad I called because I learned they couldn’t package things for me. I went downstairs to see if my doorman, Thomas had any ideas for me. He was busy so I went to grab a coffee and think the situation through. I decided that I would find an original box somewhere, more and likely Best Buy and take it to Fed ex via cab. I took a chance in asking Thomas if there were any spare TV boxes in the building. As we were walking down to the basement, I asked, “Do you ever think of how hard it is to get the simplest thing done in New York?” His response was perfect. “That’s why if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.”

No comments: