07 January 2009

and then there was one

My second day of waking up in my bed, the one with the pink sheets was revitalizing. I got up in time to take a much needed shower and throw some clothes in the wash. May I pause to note how awesome it is to have a washer and dryer right here in the house. I cruised around with Nichole with a pop in to my chiropractor who used the word "jacked" while describing my back. Every bone and joint was cracked under her body. I feel wonderful and apparently my legs are the same length again!
The day was spent in preparation for my international wine and cheese party. The turn out was awesome with old dear friends, neighborhood friends, and new people. The friends of friends kept apologizing for crashing the party which I thought was preposterous. Everyone is a stranger before they become your friend was my reply to each "crasher". It was a huge success in my book and I even took a minute to step to the side and remember how lucky I am to have so many good people in my life.
Wine bottles, all fourteen of them in the recycling box, cheese in the fridge, wine glasses awaiting cleaning and myself was all left standing at 11pm.

No comments: