30 January 2007

bored

So, here is the crappy thing about this job...the wondering. I wonder if they will use me today and if so where will I go. Will it be a turn or do I need to pack my bag? I am unable to pick up trips becasue I am over the 65 hour mark but shy of my guarantee which dropped to 75 due to my extra day in PDX and one in OMA. This means my life is in the schedulers hands. There are no trips in open time, and I am many pages down on the list of people they will call, which almost predicts they will not use me today. It is depressing because I am bored. I have a few activities sketched out that leave me within two hours of getting home and to the airport. If it was up to me, I would be lollie-gaging around in the city. I want to go to work!!!!!

When I arrived home from AA at 0130 the other night, the city was covered in a blanket of snow which I happily watched from the crew room window. The street was dead silent and everything was beautiful, yes even here in Jersey, snow makes things beautiful. My on-call day was comprised of sleeping in until noon, playing on the computer, hanging out with the roomies, and then venturing out for dinner and a movie. My date was C, and dinner was TGIFridays and the movie, The Departed. Great flick!

Alright going to get some socks on and begin my day...this house is cold but I am bound and determined to keep myself warm and busy today. Here's hoping for the phone to ring.

No comments: