12 January 2007

a day in...

A day in the life of me at the place where my mail arrives. I do not profess to call this home...home is the plane and of course the NW.

I slept in until 1200 today because a. I was comfortable and b. I didn't arrive home until 2330 last night.

I awake to the roommates troughting upstairs giggling. The next twenty minutes are spent listening to their weeks spent at home not working, the other roommate acting like an ass, and a Met player that M met on the way home from KC. A little teasing (jealousy) about my hook up in LA, and stories about George.

I get up and brush my teeth and go the bathroom, then return to my room to sort out the laundry. I exhange texts with friends.

Some breakfast for George and then a breakfast of instant oatmeal and green tea for me while I sit staring at the white board which holds the days off of the household, I have Thursdays and Fridays off this month...the pink L tells me so.

Preparation for the bank visit and filling up my ziplock bag with more detergent.

I go and check the computer for trips that avaliable to pick up at 1600 and decided on a four day to the west coast.

A six block walk to the laundrymat, change for a twenty, five machines, and a Vanity Fair. I walk the three extra blocks to the bank (one of the most popular places in town) to deposit some money and get some money if the need arises. Stop at the Eckards for water and some jerky and head back to the laundry.

While awaiting for my clothes to dry, I read the mag, nibble on the jerky while the sounds of children running around and Spanish soaps fill my ears.

I fold my clothes and actually recognize that I like the sound of my nails against the folding counter, pack up the bag and head back home.

I have two pieces of mail, both from mom. I am waiting for it to be 1600 so I fill my time reading Bazzar (a rare find on a plane....but I was in LA so that makes more sense). I think I found a dress for my birthday so I will research were to try it on and how much it is.

I check myspace to find out if anyone has put up some of the one hundred pictures I posed for during my stay. I check my email to see how many forwards Carol has sent. Eharmony to see what losers they think I would be a good match for. Portland news to see what is shaking back home.

Four o'clock comes and I hit the button and wait, it is taking too long...I didn't get the trip. Instead I make my bed and the phone rings...it is 19C who is all of a sudden obessed with talking with me. We chat for a bit and make plans to go out next week. Finally I get to see him.

George is close to the end of her cat food, so I journey out to Target stopping along the way at a Michaels to get supplies for my birthday invites. It is nice to wander around a crafty place and imagine what I can create. Target is not too exciting but it is some time away from home. KFC provided dinner and dessert. B has gotten me hooked on Greys Anatomy, I have spent the last three and half hours watching it.

Just checked my schedule and nothing is assigned to me as of now. That means that I go on call tomorrow from 0900-1700. I will finish watching the last episode of season one, wash my face, and then head to bed.

That ladies and gentleman is a day off in the life of one girl living in Kearny, living her dream of being a flight attendant.

No comments: