23 January 2007

...and one dead roach

This four day trip has drug on forever, I am writing on day three which feels like a month. It was dropped in my line and just by chance I logged on and saw that I would be away for the next four days. The first day took me to SFO for a brief, yet wonderful layover because we stay at the Westin and any evening at a Westin is always nice, the heavenly shower, the heavenly bed, uhm, love it! The next day we went to IAH then onto PBI. Our first leg had a bunch of crazies but one stood out in particular with her cat. First she asked me for a cup of water to put in her salad tray for her cat, whatever, then she has her cat out. I told her she needed to put it back in the carrier, she responsed that she was trying to get it to go to the bathroom and showed me her ziplock bag of litter and pan. What?! That can't go down on the plane ma'am unless you place the pan inside the carrier. Good luck with that. The second flight of the day brought along an unticketed passanger which was crawling up the fuseloge, a cockroach, yes folks we are in IAH. A brave passanger killed it and we were all saved. Before a flight can push from the gate, a customer count needs to be given to the pilots. It is a break down of weight and balance and upon this sheet of paper we write our "specials" for examples wheelchairs needed at the destination, lap children, unaccompanied minors...so forth. I, of course, like to be silly and write things like "no specials beside fabulous FAs" or "crazy bitch in 14D", so this night I wrote...1 whlchr, 1 lap, and one dead roach. The IAH based pilots didn't think we were funny and immediately scratched it out. Today we deadheaded to EWR and then sat around for three hours before we did the God aweful flight back down to PBI, which I have dubbed the worst place on earth. So here I sit in the same exact room as the night before only five floors lower wondering why I packed so much since all I have done on my layovers is workout and sleep. I am working with a somewhat annoying guy that doesn't know when to stop or when to get out of my personal space bubble and with a girl from the past...remember the night in DFW when I missed out on the party and the FO and her...Yep I am working with her again. No hanky panky this time since we keep switching pilots and none of us have been drinking. Tomorrow it is back to EWR and then a BOS turn which menas two things, clam chowder and delays.

No comments: