26 January 2007

a meeting in the midwest

I sit in Omaha at the crew hotel, however I am not here on business, I am here for family. My Aunt Millie has passed but brought our family together in the middle of the country. I am suffering from the four bottles of wine that I consumed on the way here. The two other pass riders and I sat in the back of the plane, played cards, and drank the whole way. "KLB" We had such a great time but the fact that I was laying on my suitcase on the ground waiting for my parents to arrive from another flight clearly indicates that I drank too much. The steak here is excellent, I would recommend it to anyone and I refused to leave this home town of my fathers without one. We have been blessed to spend time with family which I don't know that well but have had the chance to get close to over the past day and a half. Being an adult has its benifits when it comes to relationships, you tend to cherish them more. I am so grateful to be here with my dad as I have always wanted to see where he grew up. I definately see myself returning to this midwest town with tons of hospitality.

No comments: