03 January 2007

absent too long

It proves that I have been away too long; the fact that I recognize how friendly the people here are. They say excuse me, thank you, and have a nice day. It is refreshing to say the least. Obviously I am somewhere other than the NE as I write about the people with manners...I have managed to make it home.
My last flight was okay however the crazy lady that refused to sit in her seat with her baby and starting crying when I told her to sit down or leave the plane, yah, that family was drama central. They believed that they were the only people on the plane. I stopped making eye contact and sent the newbies to go and help them. Yes, I was a senior mama on this flight. The eight turns in a row all seemed worth it when at 0200 after my turn to PBI, those sweet words, "you are released to your days off" were spoken. I spent the night in the crew room, dozing in and out, waiting for the 0645 flight home. I ran upstairs an hour prior and sweet talked the agent. I landed a window seat not too far from the door and was out for the next six hours. An hour or so of decompressing and then back on the road, this time via car to see my parents. Three more hours later, I surprised, let me rephrase that, almost gave my mom a heart attack as she was not expecting me until the next day. No matter how old you are it is nice to come "home" and be taken care of by your mom.

No comments: