18 January 2007

upstate

My roommates are sleeping now, it is 19:30 and they must be tired from keeping me up all night with their giggling and loud music. I was determined to get out of the house and out of the state for that matter today. I was dying to go shopping and found exactly where I wanted to go...New York outlets. An hour drive across the GW bridge, and through upstate NY and I found the meca of outlets. Dior, Kate Spade, Barney's, Burberry, Gucci, Versace, D and G, and on, and on, a girls dream. I considered this my cardio as I walked around for hours going into to every shop. I was so excited to go into Neiman Marcus but I felt as though I walked into a Ross, a place where good clothes went to die, it was all a little much. I found such good deals: a Burberry scarf for fifity dollars, BR shorts, a Ralph Lauren sweater for ten bucks, Kate Spade stationary for $4, a jumper dress, and my two fav items, a blouse from Marc Jacobs and a dress from Diane. The day was topped off so well that a Starbucks (not a Dukin Donuts) was in the complex and...it was snowing!!
On my way back, I saw signs for Sufferin, the town were Aidan had his cabin in SITC. My drive actually reminded me of Oregon with the rocks, trees, and countyside, it made me a little less home sick. Hell, who could think of home with such great new clothes?!

No comments: