31 December 2006

.

The last day of the year, a time for reflection and looking ahead. Where has this year gone? I was getting ready to become a loan officer this time last year. Getting ready for a party and going out with good friends, it seems like a million years ago. It seems like I am living in the twilight zone or a stuck in a holding pattern and if I am patient things will return back to normal, my life will make sense again. I am allowing myself to be sad and upset but just for the day as tomorrow is a new year. It will be the first time I have worked on New Years since my days in retail over a decade ago. I need to return to Portland simply because I need to remember what it is like to be surrounded by people who care about me, beautiful streets, and friendly people. I need a shift in perception, I need to go home.

No comments: