03 September 2006

ode to the beverage cart

You must be the bearer of people's decisions they way they so longingly stare at you when asked what they would like to drink. Turbulance makes you sway to and fro as I hope you don't spill anything on the aisle customers. I hold you tightly down the aisle while trying to keep my balance. Orange juice comes from the top and is ordered with with ice. I am not sure whose ideas that was, must be an East Coast thing. But my favorite thing about you, besides the gazing up and down of the cart for answers to one's own thirst, is the order for "coffee". This is like ordering a martini...could you be a little more specific please? The West Coasters tend to take it black while the North Easterners take it with cream and two sugars. Somehow they think I should know. The activity that keeps me the most occuppied is the wathching of the foam slowly decending into soda. Diet Coke is worst, you can pour three other drinks while you wait. I am becoming a better driver of you each time, my average for knocking you into the passangers has gone down tremenously. Now it is just my hips that run into those people who pour out into the aisle watching that damn cart. Until we meet again on Tuesday, my beverage cart.

_________________________________________

My two day trip has been good although I am in the ending stage of a cold thanks to my roomie. The hurricane that is making its way up the East Coast caused a short delay yesterday and is causing quite a few bumps on the way home from DFW. It was the first time I had gotten a drink with the crew. Last night we all met at the Lonestar Tavern for a cocktail. A double screwdriver for me and then I hit the hay for a 0630 show. Hoping to get released to my two upcoming days off. The captain already offered me a ride home so the day is already looking better.

No comments: