06 September 2006

in the big D...again

I am back in DFW again, they must have thought I enjoyed my restless sleep last Friday. This time we have 16 hours to hang out and I have spent most of mine in bed. I am trying to kick this cold/crap that has plaqued me for a week. Airborne and Theraflu have been my buddies but my enemy is the airplane and all the people coughing and sneezing. It is that time of year when kids go back to school and the sniffles are passed around. I am lucky to be in first class on this short journey as people don't tend to cough as much up there.

I am on for four more days after I return tonight and am not sure where they are going to send me. I am hoping for a long trip because desention is starting to happen at home and it is always nice to be in my own space. I like being at work more than I do at home. Don't get me wrong, I love my girls and we are having a good time being young and carefree but I am starting to go a little stir crazy. There isn't a gym and it's been a little chilly outside as fall is making an early arrival in the NE. It is my roommate, M that gets me all stirred up against the boy/girl who hasn't opened any of the utility bills that are passed due. I think she does it because I am the only one that will say anything to him about what idiot he is. I am not sure how much longer I want to live there and would love to have a rent controlled apartment on the Upper West Side fall into my lap. I am going back with a positive attitude and finding a gym nearby even if I am the one teaching classes.

Here's to a great trip home from Texas!

No comments: