15 September 2006

chair on a wall

Buying a chair that looks nice ascetically is not always a good option. I was lying on the floor the other night half way between my room and the living room watching the TV at an obscure angle, and the toleration of having no furniture ended. I jumped in our community car and drove to a furniture store I saw down by the ol' Dunkin Donuts (which there are tons of in Jersey). I saw a comfy lazy boy but knew that it would be out of my price range. I walked through this store with a garage like feel and saw a beautiful chair on the wall. It was exactly what I had imagined at the end of my bed. It was big and fluffy, just the right size, and within my price range. I backed up the car and the guy, who wants me to stop in again and have lunch with him, loaded it in the back. I stopped at Marshall's to get a cozy blanket but found nothing to suit my taste. Christina helped me bring it in and I gave it a sit. Don't ask me why I didn't do this before I bought it. I think it was because it was hanging off the wall. Anyway, I sat down and it was stiff. I told Christina to give it a shot and she told me I just had to work it in. So here I am hitting the chair trying to work it in. I come back after grabbing a snack and who do I find enjoying the chair…George. Apparently I just bought her a new place to lie. So the rest of the evening found me sitting on the floor with my back against the chair and George all cozy'd up breaking it in to suit her comfort.

No comments: