19 September 2006

couuffee?

There is not many Jewish people in the Northwest to my knowledge; at least I haven't really been exposed to them. I know that they wear small hats, don't eat pork, and stand on the reverse side in weddings. I remember watching coffee talk on SNL when I was younger and it hasn't been unitl recently that I have really grasp the hilarity of Mike Meyers. There is a joke about the PBI flight that there are tons of older Jewish women and you have to put on your "Jersey hat" and talk with the accent. "Care for some couffeee?" The coouuffee maker is what I was backed up against on my way home from MCI the other day as this large Jewish woman was in the back galley talking to me. This wasn't a two sided conversation, it was her telling me about some wedding in which she was transporting $3000 worth of the attaire and the hope-a. I sent the time just nodding my head and looking at her large features. She had to be 5'10" a good 200 lbs, and all I could keep thinking was if she was a man underneath, she was huge. She stared down upon me over her half glasses which would have been whole on me. She was the cliche Jewish woman from what I understand. She told me how much money a year she spends on medication, that TSA brushed her leg with the wand and how furious she was at that inderection, and then about some chapstick she found. I wanted to be engaging but once she got angry at me for being able to bring my lip gloss on board, I prayed for someone to ring their call light and get me out of this twenty minute situation. Finally a bell dinged and I let her know that I had to get back to work. I am just glad that she didn't try to set me up with her son, I heard they are also notorious for that.

No comments: