22 September 2006

the cousin

I have been telling myself that something good has to happen to me by the end of September. My last trip left me feeling uneasy about the job and the days of waiting at home with no work also has left a bad feeling in my gut. I was given a trip to SNA the other night but knew that I shouldn't count on it because it was such a great trip. (Line holders can come in and take trips away from reserves 12 hours or more from the flight time.) Sure enough I called yesterday morning to be released to check in and someone took it which left me on call all day again. There is only so much you can do in a small town once your laundry is done, house cleaned, been to Target three days in a row already, so I waited.

All the girls were home for once so we decided to get dolled up and head down to our new hang out, the sub shop. One of my roomies is into the owner and the owner seems to like all of us hanging out and drinking his booze. He let me take telephone orders the other night and people were thrown off by how nice I was when asking what they would like. After our Jack and Cokes we went home and did shots of apple pucker from Germany, then headed over to the sub man's house. He told me that his cousin was interested in meeting me as he has been talking about "us girls" to him. What the hell, the sub man is cute and nice. So we head over to the cousin's house for a party. That is what we called him, the cousin. Well we get there and there was three people there and a very small bathroom in which I had to back myself into. Not into hanging out in strange Jersey kitchens we took off the this place called Hollahans. There was a White Castle next door and no one shared my interest in checking out this place I had always heard of. We ended up singing karoke, only one of us is a good singer and accepting drinks from the cousin who ended up to be a totally creep ball. I was not happy with the sub man for the set up. Now we refer to him as the creepy cousin.

A crew can make or break a trip. My crew is amazing and we are having so much fun that my faith in all of this has been restored. My room overlooks the space needle and is in the heart of SEA. My favorite kinds of trips (transcons) to the beautiful Pacific NW, and my favorite position First Class. My faith is restored and I feel asleep in the Seattle skyline thinking how much I love my job!!

No comments: