25 September 2006

so many noodles

My house is full with bodies, not dead bodies as you would anticipate living in Jersey but friends and roommates. Every roomie is home right now and my good friend, Dave May is here visiting me. I have been up since 0700 thanks to the meowing roommate which wanted breakfast. I wandered around the apartment for a bit and then decided to go to the store to get ingrediants for spagetti night. I am cooking for the thirty friends we have invited over this evening. So off to the market I go, there is no traffic, no lines, and no one at the store. This is the beauty of working crazy days and hours, no one in the way on our days off. I have everything I need minus the pasta and tomato sauce. I walk down the aisle to find which noodles strike my fancy and am amazed the thirty feet of selection before me. I have never had such a hard time choosing noodles. I was quickly reminded of how many Italians live in the NE and hoped my spagetti would meet the standards of the locals we have invited.


Our evening in the city with my first visitor from out of town was delightful. We headed down the meat packing district for dinner at Blue Ribbon (highly recommend!) and found ourselves in the bar next door waiting for our table with wine and the best calamari. More wine with dinner of which I ordered a warm goat cheese salad and 1/2 dozen calms. Much to my surprise, they came raw on the half shell. They were actually pretty damn good but I was glad to have a few glasses of wine in my to not think too much about the not being cooked. A double espreso ended our dinner and opened the door for a night of dancing. I found myself a willing dance partner and never sat down the rest of the evening. My head hit the pillow of a fine Westin bed close to 0500. Tylenol, sprite, and fried mac and cheese helped cure the hangover while we walked around the city and through Central Park. You gotta love NYC in the fall!

Alright, I waking these lazy bums up...I am bored and it 1100.

No comments: