16 September 2006

last season

A bird is screeching as we sit and wait for our plane to arrive. The second day of our tour of the country finds our crew in IAH. It has been an interesting couple of days that seem like a lot longer. I'll you this; a crew can make or break a trip. It is the first time I haven't found at least one person I enjoyed chatting with. Both of the ladies I am flying with have bad breath, one is about as bright as a 10 watt light bulb and the other has stories that last forever and always have a negative spin. She is talking to me right now during this three-hour delay about something or other. I am trying to be polite and nod along even though I am not the least bit interested in way she is yammering about. p.s. the damn bird ended up to be on the flight right in the last row, next to my galley.

This trip has been my least favorite thus far. We have had delays, a crew that I don't really click with but am stuck with four days, hours in the airport, and getting in at two in the morning. I realize it was my lack of sleep that has me in this foul mood today. We are on the third day of our journey and luckily only had to work one flight from JFK and then deadhead to AUS. Four hours is not enough to deal with people arguing with me about their bags, children screaming, and all the while the noise from someone's black jack game. Thank goodness I am safe in a hotel room sitting here in my Duck gear cheering, take that back, screaming for my team. What a great game!!!!

Tomorrow we are off to IAH-MCI-then home. And I can honestly say that I am ready to sleep in my loft bed cuddling with my girl, and enjoying my two well-deserved days off. Bid packets are out so I am going to try and plan my days off next month around an Oregon game. It made me sad not to be there today and a bit reflective of how far I have come mentally and physically since last season.

No comments: