23 June 2006

pig cookies

Days are filled with lecture and hands on to break up the monatany of sitting in a classroom. It is hard to think that tomorrow is the last day of class for the week. Although it feels like I have been gone for so long, it has only been six days. J and I took a trip to a Super Wal-mart this eveing since, a. it is one of the only places which the shuttle will take us, and apparently these people have groceries in their Wal-Marts, they even had a fabric store. Weirdest thing I have seen in a while. You can pick up a couple of patterns along with some seafood, horrible looking apples (sad for NW girl), and some Hispanic pasteries. Do you know anything about these Gio? The pig cookies?

I balls up and filled out the lease on the EWR apartment with my friends, it still hasn't set in that I will be moving to the East coast. I am so happy that Nick is going to talk to the landlord about George. I had a little breakdown yesterday when her guardians called to let me know that she is not doing well with my absence. Okay, I lied, I cried and was moopy for the evening. I miss my girl.

The class two above us graduated today, and it was so exciting to see their wings. The ultimate goal is to get your wings. Our first test is on Sunday so J and I are planning on hitting downtown tomorrow night and smoozing free cocktails to forget about the week. Saturday is pool day, laundry day, and finaly study day. There is fear of not passing a test and getting sent home so I am going to do everything in my power to make it through to graduation. Another great piece of news is that we get to fly home right after.

Starting to make new friends everyday since we swtich where we sit every day. Today it was Angel, very sweet and caring. I was relieved when I spilt my glass of water on the desk during a video presentation that I was sitting next to a mother who handled it calmly and discreetly.

Nothing noteworthy other than the gorgeous lighting show as we were awaiting our bus home.

No comments: