25 June 2006

bugs

Today was the first big test. Luckily I passed it and only missed four. The sad thing about it was that three of them, I doubted my first instinct and wanted to go back and change it but they reminded us that first instinct is usually right. This put my mind in a whirled wind and I left the answers alone. My gut was right and I should have changed the answers. I am glad that I passed, got an A even, but the competative side of me loves to get a 100% on things. I went to call my mom this afternoon after our ham or turkey sandwich lunch, I think this makes eight of them so far, and I was attacked by mossies. There was blood running down my leg as I swatted the swarm away and then ran like a girl to the cement. As if that wasn't enought, these bugs got together and one decided to fall straight down onto my notebook while I was putting on lipgloss. Again I screamed like a girl and jumped up drawing all sorts of attention to myself.

I am sitting on the washer doing a load of laundry, I already miss my loft and my washer and dryer. Strange men are offering to "share their load" with me. I don't really know what that is supposed to mean but I said no thank you, I don't want my panties touching yours. Yes, they make us wear panties down here.

Since we have been in class all day, I have been in the mindset that it is Monday but no, it's Sunday. In an hour and half, dear friends will gather for Sunday dinner. I would kill to have some of Jeff's cooking right now and hang out drinking wine. I have been getting back into the routine of working out and making due with the 80's gym, I forget how much better I feel once I am on the treadmill. I was doing so yoga stretches and everyone looked at me like I was from a foreign land. What I wouldn't do to be in Nick's class right now getting a workout.

Not too many stupid questions today, the girl that usually asks them has figured out that we all laugh at her and has taken up bothering the poor instructors during break. But here's one that slipped by publically. We are discussion inflight duties and how to prepare for landing. Stupid question of the day...."If we notice the water gage is getting low, how do we fill that?" The water gage she is referring to is the one in the lav. Wwwwhatt?

No comments: