09 June 2006

no date set

Eight days before I leave for my journey. My week has been busy with my list of things to do in preparation for leaving. All I would like to do is to enjoy a whole day to myself but seems like things keep coming up that need to be attended to. Today was my going away party at work and it was not the least bit sad. I have a very strange calmness about this whole adventure or reality hasn't hit me yet and one day next week I will be huddled up in the corner having a nervous breakdown. Yah, let's vote for the "it feels good because it is the right decision".

I filled out my paperwork and fedex'd off my intent to attend training. Trying to remember all what my address was in the crappy apartment my sophmore year of college and the phone number to my high school was pretty draining. The best part of my background check will be the fact that I had a fake id when I was 19. Stupid kid mistake that I am still having to explain ten years later. If I would have know it would have followed me around for the rest of my life I would have bribed the older kids to buy me beer instead of sneaking into bars. Oh well, so are the stories of our lives.

Goodbyes have been going smoothly however my big going away party is tomorrow night. First I need to find the perfect outfit and second need to tell myself to have a good time and not once think about getting sappy. I have decided this is a round trip adventure with no date set on my return ticket.

No comments: