16 June 2006

closer

I have one more day left in my favorite town. I am sad to be leaving, it has finally become real as I pack and say goodbye to good friends. The soundtrack of the week has been love songs by Chicago. I used to listen to these tapes in jr high through college; alone in my room with the boombox. Years later I still listen alone and scared about trying somwthing new. I have to move my kitty, George tomorrow to her new house while I am gone. I think that will have to be the hardest thing that I have to do since she has been my sanity and my company for two and half years. It is strange to think of how much comfort a pet can bring. I love her dearly and it will the most heart wrenching part of this whole experience.

I can't believe that I leave in 33 hours. I don't want to be alone right now but am clueless of who to call at this late hour. Sleep will serve me well but it only brings me closer to leaving.

No comments: