20 June 2006

breakfast service

Day three of training and I am still alive. I am starting to find a routine and even though it is not as perfect as I would like, it seems to be keeping me saine. Today we did the usual HR stuff and got fitted for our uniforms. Of course they are very conservitative and the cute shirt dress that I want has to be bought after training. I was strange to look in the mirror at myself in a flight attendant (FA from now on, so keep up) uniform. The fitter said that I looked very nice. I can see that! :-)

This morning my new fabulous friend, Nick and I did the breakfast service. We volunteered to go first because they can't yell at the first people out as much. It came so naturally to ask, "hot breakfast sandwich for you this morning? And what may I get you to drink?". The day ended with a tour and I am so excited to start hanging out in the mock plane, it looks so cool!!! Next Wednesday we get to take an observation flight somewhere, so it will be nice to be out of here, even if I don't get out of the plane.

I have been having these thougts lately about what would happen if I allowed myself to let go of Portland. What if my life is waiting for me in New York and I am still holding on to the life that I love? I have a lease in front of me for a great apartment in Carney, walking distance from a direct bus to both EWR and the train to Manhattan. I have in my head that I am only going to do this for a while and that I need to hang on to my past so I can go back and pick up where I left. But that is not the point of adventure, to return to the comfort zone once things get rough. It is difficult to not think ahead to next month, hell I already have six roomates and a place to live. Why am I so scared to take that leap?

No comments: