02 June 2006

last day at work

Today is my last day at work. It feels strange to clean out my desk and put my work life into a small box. There is not much to do here so I am forcing myself to study my airport codes. My airline flies to 151 destinations, that is a lot of codes to memorize. I will need to come up with some of those alagories that served me so well in high school. What is that one about a Finnish guy on a hill, some story that helps you remember the neurological system. Obviously it hasn't stuck with me, good thing I am not going to be a doctor!

The idea of leaving is starting to sink in as the days past. My last First Thursday was good times with neighborhood friends. That is one of things which makes this move so hard; giving up the comfort of my neighborhood. I love living here but I just have realized as I watch people growing up, getting serious, there is nothing here for me right now.

No comments: